HART transparent repeater
- 3- / 5-port 3.75 kVAC galvanic isolation
- Low response time
- 2-wire supply > 17 V in Ex / I.S. area
- 1- or 2-channel version
- Universal supply by AC or DC
- Power supply and Ex / I.S. safety barrier with 2-way HART communication for 2-wire transmitters installed in the hazardous area.
- Ex / I.S. safety barrier with 2-way HART communication for supplied current transmitters installed in the hazardous area.
- Signal isolator with low response time on analog current signals from the hazardous area.
- PR5106B primarily processes current signals of 4...20 mA.
- PR5106B is based on microprocessor technology for gain and offset. The analog signal is transmitted at a response time of less than 25 ms.
- Inputs, outputs, and supply are floating and galvanically separated.
- The output can be connected either as an active current transmitter or as a 2-wire transmitter.
Mounting / installation
- Mounted vertically or horizontally on a DIN rail. As the devices can be mounted without distance between neighboring units, up to 84 channels can be mounted per meter.
- PR5106B is recommended as Ex / I.S. safety barrier for 5335D and 6335D.
-20°C to +60°C
< 95% RH (non-cond.)
109 x 23.5 x 130 mm
DIN rail type
1 x 2.5 mm2 stranded wire
Screw terminal torque
Supply voltage, universal
21.6...253 VAC, 50...60 Hz or 19.2...300 VDC
400 mA SB / 250 VAC
Max. required power
≤ 3 W (2 channels)
Internal power dissipation
≤ 2 W (2 channels)
Isolation voltage, test / working
3.75 kVAC / 250 VAC
Response time (0...90%, 100...10%)
< 25 ms
2-wire supply (pin 44...42 and 54...52)
25...17 VDC / 0...20 mA
Signal / noise ratio
Min. 60 dB (0...100 kHz)
Better than 0.1% of sel. range
Effect of supply voltage change
< ±10 μA
EMC immunity influence
< ±0.5% of span
Extended EMC immunity: NAMUR NE21, A criterion, burst
< ±1% of span
Min. measurement range (span)
Input resistance: Supplied unit
Nom. 10 Ω
Input resistance: Non-supplied unit
Rshunt = ∞, Vdrop < 4 V
Min. signal range
Load (@ current output)
≤ 600 Ω
≤ 0.01% of span / 100 Ω
≤ 28 mA
Passive 2-wire mA output
Max. external 2-wire supply
Effect of external 2-wire supply voltage variation
< 0.005% of span / V
< 3 mVRMS on HART communication
= of the presently selected range
Observed authority requirements
DEMKO 00ATEX127483, II (1) G [EEx ia] IIC
UL 913, UL 508
EAC Ex TR-CU 012/2011