You have no products on your list...
When browsing product pages on this website, you have the possibility to add products to a list - and send your list to us, thereby requesting a quotation.
You add products to the list by clicking the "GET A QUOTE" button on the individual product pages.
When you have submitted the list, we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
If you don't submit the list, it will be visible to you on the website for 7 days (we will place a so-called' cookie on your pc or tablet).
We hope you will find the functionality useful. Go to the product pages to add products to your list.
Bipolar isolated converter / splitter
- Conversion of voltage and current bipolar process signals to
- Multiple signal ranges are selectable via DIP-switches
- Splitter function: 1 signal in and 2 signals out
- Excellent accuracy, better than 0.05 % of selected range and high output load stability
- The 3118 is an isolating converter and splitter which can be used for signal conversion of standard bipolar analog process signals into two individual unipolar analog signals.
- The unit offers 4-port isolation and provides surge suppression and protects control systems from transients and noise.
- The 3118 also eliminates ground loops and can be used for measuring floating signals.
- Mounting of the 3118 can be in Safe area or in Zone 2 and Cl. 1 Div 2 area and is approved for marine applications.
- The analog output can be easily configured and programmed to be bipolar in the ranges ±10 mA and ±20 mA (*special setup).
- Flexible 24 VDC (±30%) supply via power rail or connectors.
- Excellent conversion accuracy, better than 0.05% of selected range.
- A green front LED indicates operation status for the device.
- All terminals are protected against overvoltage and polarity error.
- Meeting the NAMUR NE21 recommendations, the 3118 ensures top measurement performance in harsh EMC environments.
- High galvanic isolation of 2.5 kVAC.
- Fast input to output response time < 7 ms / > 100 Hz – 10 Hz bandwidth damping possible via DIP-switch.
- Excellent signal/noise ratio > 60 dB.
Mounting / installation / programming
- Easy configuration of factory calibrated measurement ranges via DIP-switches.
- A very low power consumption allows DIN rail mounting without the need for any air gap.
- Wide temperature operation range: -25...+70°C.
DNV-GL marine certificate
|Operating temperature||-25°C to +70°C|
|Storage temperature||-40°C to +85°C|
|Relative humidity||< 95% RH (non-cond.)|
|Installation in||Pollution degree 2 & measurement / overvoltage cat. II|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||113 x 6.1 x 115 mm|
|Weight approx.||70 g|
|DIN rail type||DIN EN 60715/35 mm|
|Wire size||0.13 x 2.5 mm2 / AWG 26...12 stranded wire|
|Screw terminal torque||0.5 Nm|
|Supply voltage||16.8...31.2 VDC|
|Max. required power||0.8 W|
|Internal power dissipation||0.4 W (typ.) / 0.65 W (max.)|
|Isolation voltage, test / working||2.5 kVAC / 300 VAC (reinforced)|
|Zone 2 / Div. 2||250 VAC|
|Response time (0...90%, 100...10%)||< 7 ms or < 44 ms|
|MTBF, acc. to IEC 61709 (SN29500)||> 187 years|
|Signal / noise ratio||> 60 dB|
|Cut-off frequency (3 dB)||> 100 Hz or 10 Hz (selectable via DIP-switch)|
|Accuracy||< ±0.05% of span|
|Temperature coefficient||< ±0.01% of span / °C|
|EMC immunity influence||< ±0.5% of span|
|Extended EMC immunity: NAMUR NE21, A criterion, burst||< ±1% of span|
|Measurement range||-23...+23 mA|
|Programmable measurement ranges||± 10 and ± 20 mA|
|Input voltage drop||< 1 VDC @ 23 mA|
|Programmable ranges||±5 and ±10 V|
|Functional range||-11.5...+11.5 V|
|Input resistance||≥ 1 MΩ|
|Signal range||0...23 mA|
|Programmable signal ranges||0 / 4...20 mA|
|Load (@ current output)||≤ 300 Ω|
|Load stability||≤ 0.002% of span / 100 Ω|
|Current limit||≤ 28 mA|
|Programmable signal ranges||0/1...5 and 0/2...10 V|
|Functional range||0...11.5 V|
|Load (@ voltage output)||≥ 10 kΩ|
|Bipolar wiring and programming set-up||±10 and ± 20 mA|
|*of span||= of the presently selected range|
Observed authority requirements
|ATEX 2014/34/EU||KEMA 10ATEX0147 X|
|FM||FM17US0004X / FM17CA0003X|
Stand. f. Certific. No. 2.4