- Programming display for system 4000 and 9000 devices
- Modbus RTU protocol interface over RS-485
- Monitor process value from the built-in display
- High 2.5 kV isolation to host unit
- Shielded RJ45 connector on top
- The 4511 detachable display adds Modbus RTU RS-485 serial communications to all current and future 4000/9000 units.
- The unit converts a wide array of sensors and analog device signals measured by the system 4000 like uni- and bipolar mA and voltage signals, potentiometer, Lin. R, RTD and TC, to a Modbus communication line signal.
- When mounted on a system 9000 device any signal coming from or going to I.S. classified area, like AI, AO, DI and DO signals, can be converted to a Modbus network.
- All individual unit operating parameters can easily and quickly be configured by using the Modbus communication or by using the front display menu.
- The easily readable 4511 display can be used to read the process signal, simulate the output signal, indicate sensor errors and internal device errors.
- 4511 has full 4501 functionality for unit programming, process signal monitoring and diagnostics handling.
- Modbus RTU protocol is supported using a serial RS-485 communication wiring.
- Multidrop half-duplex connection via shielded RJ45 connector.
- High safe galvanic isolation of 2.5 kVAC between the serial wiring and the connected system 4000/9000 units.
- Modbus parameters such as address, baud rate, stop bit(s), and parity bit are configured from the 4511 display, which also stores parameters.
Mounting / installation / programming
- Mounting in Zone 2 / Div 2.
- The 4511 can be moved from one device to another. The individual system 4000/9000 unit configuration of the first device can be saved and downloaded to subsequent devices.
- Programmed parameters can be protected by a userdefined password.
- When mounted on devices that are installed upside down, a menu item allows the display on the 4511 to be rotated 180o and the up/down buttons to switch function.
DNV marine certificate
-20°C to +60°C
-20°C to +85°C
< 95% RH (non-cond.)
Pollution degree 2 & measurement / overvoltage cat. II
73.2 x 23.3 x 26.5 mm
Dimensions (HxWxD) w/ 4000/9000 unit
109 x 23.5 x 131 mm
RJ45 - shielded
Max. required power
≤ 0.15 W
Isolation voltage, test / working
2.5 kVAC / 250 VAC reinforced isolation
< 20 ms
Signal / noise ratio
> 60 dB
> 50 Hz
Extended EMC immunity: NAMUR NE21, A criterion, burst
No loss of communication
RS-485 half duplex
RTU - slave
Devices on an RS485 line
Up to 32 (w/o a repeater)
Data rates, baud
2400, 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 115200
Automatic baudrate detection
Yes - can be configured ON or OFF
Even, Odd, None
1 or 2
Observed authority requirements
Stand. f. Certific. No. 2.4
DEKRA 13ATEX0098 X
DEK 13.0026 X