System 9000 backplane
- Provides safe, easy wiring between the backplane and non I.S. automation systems using standard prefabricated I/O cables
- Direct, Redundant and Duplicate signalling - including HART I/O
- Robust, compact high-end design solution for 16 system 9000 units
- Digital output and LEDs indicate backplane system status
- The 7916 backplane is a compact and robust solution that enables a safe and easy connection of PR system 9000 IS device signals into standard automation systems.
- Standard automation system cables and connectors are used to link the backplane to the I/O cards.
- The backplane can be used for Direct, Redundant, Duplicate signalling including HART I/O System connectivity (HART MUX).
- The system 9000 devices isolate and convert AI, AO, DI and DO signals coming from, or going to the I.S. classified area, and routes those signals to a system automation I/O card.
- The system 9000 units maintain a SIL2 level of functional safety, even when mounted in the backplane solution.
- Robust, compact high-end design that holds 16 system 9000 units.
- Digital output indicates status of the 9000 devices and primary/back-up power supplies.
- Flexible 24 VDC supply voltage and redundant power supply connection solution.
Mounting / installation / programming
- Flexible horizontal/vertical panel or wall mounting in the Safe or Zone 2 / Div 2 areas.
- System 9000 devices easily snap ON and OFF using piano keys, and devices can be hot-swapped.
- Tag number and ID labels are easily mounted and read by using the dedicated piano key spacer.
- Wide temperature operation range: -20...+60°C.
- Backplane selection guide can be found at www.prelectronics.com/backplane
Backplane selection guide
ABB wiring manual
-20°C to +60°C
-40°C to +85°C
< 95% RH (non-cond.)
Pollution degree 2 & measurement / overvoltage cat. II
144 x 443 x 141 mm
2.5 mm2 / AWG 12
(Supply 1 / 2 and status relay connectors)
20...31.2 VDC (24 DC nom.)
Max. required power
≤ 60 W
Isolation voltage, test / working
500 VAC / 50 VAC
(Basic isolation between supply 1 & 2 and status relay)
Fuse F1 & F2: 3.15 A SB, 250 V, type TR5
32 V (Zone 2 / Div. 2 area)
42 V (Safe area)
100 mA (Zone 2 / Div. 2 area)
100 mA (Safe area)
Observed authority requirements
UL 508 / C22.2 no. 14