2-wire transmitter with HART protocol
- RTD, TC, Ohm, and bipolar mV input
- 2 analog inputs and 5 device variables with status available
- HART protocol revision selectable from HART 5 or HART 7
- Hardware assessed for use in SIL applications
- Mounting in Safe area or Zone 2/22
- Linearized temperature measurement with TC and RTD sensors e.g. Pt100 and Ni100.
- HART communication and 4...20 mA analog PV output for individual, difference or average temperature measurement of up to two RTD or TC input sensors.
- Conversion of linear resistance to a standard analog current signal, e.g from valves or Ohmic level sensors.
- Amplification of bipolar mV signals to standard 4...20 mA current signals.
- Up to 63 transmitters (HART 7) can be connected in a multidrop communication setup.
- HART protocol revision can be changed by user configuration to either HART 5 or HART 7 protocol.
- The HART 7 protocol offers:
∙ Long Tag numbers of up to 32 characters.
∙ Enhanced Burst Mode and Event notification with time stamping.
∙ Device variable and status mapping to any dynamic variable PV, SV, TV or QV.
∙ Process signal trend measurement with logs and summary data.
∙ Automatic event notification with time stamps.
∙ Command aggregation for higher communication efficiency.
- 5337A is designed according to strict safety requirements and is therefore suitable for applications in SIL installations.
- Continuous check of vital stored data.
- Meeting the NAMUR NE21 recommendations, the 5337 HART transmitter ensures top measurement performance in harsh EMC environments. Additionally, the 5337 meets NAMUR NE43 and NE89 recommendations.
Mounting / installation
- For DIN form B sensor head or DIN rail mounting via the PR fitting type 8421.
- Configuration via standard HART communication interfaces or by PR 5909 Loop Link.
DNV marine certificate
-40°C to +85°C
< 95% RH (non-cond.)
Protection degree (encl./terminal)
IP68 / IP00
Ø 44 x 20.2 mm
1 x 1.5 mm2 stranded wire
Screw terminal torque
Isolation voltage, test / working
1.5 kVAC / 50 VAC
Response time (programmable)
Signal / noise ratio
> 60 dB
Loop Link & HART
Better than 0.05% of selected range
Signal dynamics, input
Signal dynamics, output
EMC immunity influence
< ±0.1% of span
Extended EMC immunity: NAMUR NE21, A criterion, burst
< ±1% of span
Common input specifications
50% of selected max. value
Cable resistance per wire
5 Ω (up to 50 Ω per wire is possible with reduced measurement accuracy)
Nom. 0.2 mA
B, E, J, K, L, N, R, S, T, U, W3, W5, LR
Cold junction compensation (CJC)
Constant, internal or external via a Pt100 or Ni100 sensor
Min. measurement range (span)
Min. signal range
Load (@ current output)
≤ (Vsupply - 8) / 0.023 [Ω]
Sensor error indication
Programmable 3.5…23 mA
NAMUR NE43 Upscale/Downscale
23 mA / 3.5 mA
Common output specifications
HART protocol revisions
HART 7 and HART 5
Observed authority requirements
KEMA 03ATEX1508 X
NCC 12.0844 X
Stand. f. Certific. No. 2.4
Hardware assessed for use in SIL applications