2-wire HART transmitter
- 1- or 2-channel converter for RTD, TC, Ohm, and bipolar mV signals
- 2 analogue inputs and 5 device variables with status available
- HART protocol revision selectable from HART 5 or HART 7
- Hardware assessed for use in SIL applications
- Mounting on a DIN rail in Safe Area or Zone 2/22
- Linearized temperature measurement with TC and RTD sensors e.g. Pt100 and Ni100.
- HART communication and 4...20 mA analog PV output for individual, difference or average temperature measurement of up to two RTD or TC input sensors.
- Conversion of linear resistance to a standard analog current signal, e.g from valves or Ohmic level sensors.
- Amplification of bipolar mV signals to standard 4...20 mA current signals.
- Up to 63 transmitters (HART 7) can be connected in a multidrop communication setup.
- HART protocol revision can be changed by user configuration to either HART 5 or HART 7 protocol.
- The HART 7 protocol offers:
∙ Long Tag numbers of up to 32 characters.
∙ Enhanced Burst Mode and Event notification with time stamping.
∙ Device variable and status mapping to any dynamic variable PV, SV, TV or QV.
∙ Process signal trend measurement with logs and summary data.
∙ Automatic event notification with time stamps.
∙ Command aggregation for higher communication efficiency.
- 6337A is designed according to strict safety requirements and is therefore suitable for applications in SIL installations.
- Continuous check of vital stored data.
- Meeting the NAMUR NE21 recommendations, the 6337A HART transmitter ensures top measurement performance in harsh EMC environments. Additionally, the 6337A meets NAMUR NE43 and NE89 recommendations.
Mounting / installation
- DIN rail mounting with up to 84 channels per meter.
- Configuration via standard HART communication interfaces or by PR 5909 Loop Link.
-40°C to +85°C
-40°C to +85°C
< 95% RH (non-cond.)
109 x 23.5 x 104 mm
Weight (1 / 2 channels)
150 / 200 g
DIN rail type
DIN EN 60715/35 mm
0.13...2.08 mm2 AWG 26...14 stranded wire
Screw terminal torque
Isolation voltage, test / working
1.5 kVAC / 50 VAC
Response time (programmable)
Signal / noise ratio
> 60 dB
Better than 0.05% of selected range
EMC immunity influence
< ±0.1% of span
Extended EMC immunity: NAMUR NE21, A criterion, burst
< ±1% of span
Common input specifications
50% of selected max. value
Cable resistance per wire
5 Ω (up to 50 Ω per wire is possible with reduced measurement accuracy)
Nom. 0.2 mA
Linear resistance input
Linear resistance min....max.
0 Ω...7000 Ω
B, E, J, K, L, N, R, S, T, U, W3, W5
Cold junction compensation (CJC)
Constant, internal or external via a Pt100 or Ni100 sensor
Min. measurement range (span)
Min. signal range
Load (@ current output)
≤ (Vsupply - 8) / 0.023 [Ω]
Sensor error indication
Programmable 3.5…23 mA
NAMUR NE43 Upscale/Downscale
23 mA / 3.5 mA
Common output specifications
HART protocol revisions
HART 7 and HART 5
Observed authority requirements
KEMA 10ATEX0006 X
Hardware assessed for use in SIL applications