You have no products on your list...
When browsing product pages on this website, you have the possibility to add products to a list - and send your list to us, thereby requesting a quotation.
You add products to the list by clicking the "GET A QUOTE" button on the individual product pages.
When you have submitted the list, we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
If you don't submit the list, it will be visible to you on the website for 7 days (we will place a so-called' cookie on your pc or tablet).
We hope you will find the functionality useful. Go to the product pages to add products to your list.
System 9000 backplane
- Provides safe, easy wiring between the backplane and non I.S. automation systems using standard prefabricated I/O cables
- Direct, Redundant and Duplicate signalling - including HART I/O
- Robust, compact high-end design solution for 16 system 9000 units
- Digital output and LEDs indicate backplane system status
- The 7916 backplane is a compact and robust solution that enables a safe and easy connection of PR system 9000 IS device signals into standard automation systems.
- Standard automation system cables and connectors are used to link the backplane to the I/O cards.
- The backplane can be used for Direct, Redundant, Duplicate signalling including HART I/O System connectivity (HART MUX).
- The system 9000 devices isolate and convert AI, AO, DI and DO signals coming from, or going to the I.S. classified area, and routes those signals to a system automation I/O card.
- The system 9000 units maintain a SIL2 level of functional safety, even when mounted in the backplane solution.
- Robust, compact high-end design that holds 16 system 9000 units.
- Digital output indicates status of the 9000 devices and primary/back-up power supplies.
- Flexible 24 VDC supply voltage and redundant power supply connection solution.
Mounting / installation / programming
- Flexible horizontal/vertical panel or wall mounting in the Safe or Zone 2 / Div 2 areas.
- System 9000 devices easily snap ON and OFF using piano keys, and devices can be hot-swapped.
- Tag number and ID labels are easily mounted and read by using the dedicated piano key spacer.
- Wide temperature operation range: -20...+60°C.
- Backplane selection guide can be found at www.prelectronics.com/backplane
Backplane selection guide
ABB wiring manual
|Operating temperature||-20°C to +60°C|
|Storage temperature||-40°C to +85°C|
|Relative humidity||< 95% RH (non-cond.)|
|Installation in||Pollution degree 2 & meas. / overvoltage cat. II|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||144 x 443 x 141 mm|
2.5 mm2 / AWG 12
(Supply 1 / 2 and status relay connectors)
|Supply voltage||20...31.2 VDC (24 DC nom.)|
|Max. required power||≤ 60 W|
|Isolation voltage, test / working||
500 VAC / 50 VAC
(Basic isolation between supply 1 & 2 and status relay)
|Replaceable fuses||Fuse F1 & F2: 3.15 A SB, 250 V, type TR5|
32 V (Zone 2 / Div. 2 area)
42 V (Safe area)
100 mA (Zone 2 / Div. 2 area)
100 mA (Safe area)
Observed authority requirements
|UL||UL 508 / C22.2 no. 14|