Programmable f/I-f/f converter
- Pulse conditioning
- Frequency generator
- Concurrent f/I and f/f function
- Analog current and voltage output
- PNP / NPN output, optional relays
- Programmable by PC and Loop Link
- The 5225 transmitter can be configured with a standard PC and the Loop Link communications unit, or delivered fully configured.
- The f/I function performs frequency to current and voltage conversion.
- The f/f function can be used for pulse division or multiplication and as a buffer collecting fast pulse trains.
- The concurrent f/I and f/f functions enable a scaled digital output signal in conjunction with the analog output.
- The frequency generator function is used as e.g. a time base or clock generator.
- Input and supply polarity reversal protection.
- Programmable digital outputs including NPN, PNP or relay options.
- 4 front LEDs, indicating f in active inputs (not NPN), Dig.out.1 (NPN or relay 1) and Dig.out 2 (relay 2) outputs, and a NAMUR input error signal.
- Analog current output can be configured to any current within 0...20 mA range.
- Voltage output range is selectable between 0...10 VDC and 0...1 VDC by use of internal jumpers.
- Input range:
Frequency: 0...20,000 Hz
Sensor types: NAMUR, tacho, NPN, PNP, TTL, S0
- Output range:
Current and voltage output: 0...20 mA / 0...10 V
Relay outputs: 0...20 Hz
NPN and PNP output as f/f: 0...1000 Hz
NPN and PNP output as generator: 0...20,000 Hz
|Operating temperature||-20°C to +60°C|
|Relative humidity||< 95% RH (non-cond.)|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||109 x 23.5 x 130 mm|
|Weight approx.||190 g|
|DIN rail type||DIN 46277|
|Wire size||1 x 2.5 mm2 stranded wire|
|Screw terminal torque||0.5 Nm|
|Supply voltage||19.2...28.8 VDC|
|Max. required power||3.5 W|
|Internal power dissipation||1.7 W|
|Warm-up time||30 s|
|Power-up delay||0...999 s|
|Signal / noise ratio||Min. 60 dB|
|Response time, analog||< 60 ms + period|
|Response time, digital output||< 50 ms + period|
|Response time, concurrent f/I and f/f||< 80 ms + period|
|Signal dynamics, output||16 bit|
|Effect of supply voltage change||< ±0.002% of span / %V|
|Auxiliary voltage: NAMUR supply||8.3 VDC ±0.5 VDC / 8 mA|
|S0 supply||17 VDC / 20 mA|
|NPN / PNP supply||17 VDC / 20 mA|
|Special supply (programmable)||5...17 VDC / 20 mA|
|Temperature coefficient||< ±0.01% of span / °C|
|Linearity error||< 0.1% of span|
|EMC immunity influence||< ±0.5%|
Common input specifications
|Max. offset||90% of selected max. frequency|
|Measurement range||0...20 kHz|
|Min. measurement range||0.001 Hz|
|Low cut-off frequency||0.001 Hz|
|Max. frequency, with input filter ON||50 Hz|
|Min. period time with input filter ON||20 ms|
NAMUR acc. to DIN 19234
NPN / PNP
S0 acc. to DIN 43864
Common output specifications
40 ms for concurrent f/I and f/f
|Signal range||0...20 mA|
|Min. signal range||5 mA|
|Load (@ current output)||≤ 600 Ω|
|Load stability||≤ 0.01% of span / 100 Ω|
|Current limit||< 23 mA|
|Signal range||0...10 VDC|
|Min. signal range||250 mV|
|Load (@ voltage output)||≥ 500 kΩ|
|Max. switching frequency||20 Hz|
|Isolation, test / working||3.75 kVAC / 250 VAC|
|Max. voltage||250 VRMS|
|Max. current||2 AAC|
|Max. AC power||500 VA|
|Max. load at 24 VDC||1 A|
|Other output types||
Active outputs (NPN / PNP)
f/f converter output
|of span||= of the presently selected range|
Observed authority requirements
Need support to select the right product for your application?
Our sales engineers are ready to help specify the right device to meet your needs.
Reach out by phone to get in touch with us straight away – or use the contact form or quick quote function to send your RFQ directly from the website. You’ll get a response within 24 hours on normal business days.
You can expect to get a confirmed delivery date via email within 2 days after we have received your order.
As soon as your package leaves our warehouse, you’ll receive tracking details via email. And if you have any questions along the way we’re just a phone call or email away.
Our 8,500 sqm integrated and automated manufacturing campus in Denmark covers the entire value-chain from design and development to manufacturing. It allows us to design and optimize for testing and manufacturing thereby constantly driving quality up and costs down.
Dedicated Presale / Aftersales