Besides the financial aspects, export controls are meant to ensure that items, goods and technologies that are potentially dangerous do not fall into the wrong hands. It is the responsibility of the exporter to make sure that their product or technology is to be used in a civilian and peaceful context. You may download our official statement on Export Compliance & Dual Use here.
For all PR electronics products, the following applies for EU and US:
*PR products to be exported from the US are classified as EAR99 as they are not listed on the ”Commerce Control List” (CCL). If the product is not exported to a US sanctioned country (embargo) “NLR” (”No License Required”) should be used in the export documents. If PR products are not exported from the US, NLR should be used as PR products origin from Denmark.
Not Dual Use, but for EU, EX product fall in the Catch all category – No license required
Our products are assessed NOT to be Dual-Use and therefore not require an export license, but within EU, our EX products fall under the CATCH ALL category. See official assessment documents from the Danish Authorities and the US Authorities.
EU - EX products – Catch all category requirements
Even though no formal export license is required for our EX products it is due to the catch all requirements necessary for us or any of our distributors or customer exporting PR electronics EX products to sanctioned countries to obtain an end user statement in case.
If the exporter is aware or has ground for suspecting that the product is to be used in relation to WMD or is related to weapons production in countries under an international embargo, an additional check must be performed to ensure that the end customer or organization is not listed on any of the official lists in the US or EU.
The end-user statement covers information pertaining to the particular end-user, destination and intended use of the Products. The end user statement is to ensure that:
- the Products will only be used for civil end-uses and not for any military end-uses.
- the Products or any replica thereof are intended for final use in (country).
- the Products or any replica thereof will not be used in any nuclear explosive activity or unsafeguarded nuclear fuel-cycle activity.
the Products will not be used for any purpose connected with chemical or biological or nuclear weapons, or missiles capable of delivering such weapons.
- the Products are for sale to bona fide civil customers for civil use in (country). It will be held in stock against future orders.
- in case there is reasonable doubt about the application and/or location where the end-user wish to use the Products, the Customer/Distributor must immediately inform PR to receive permission to continue with the sale.
Export licenses / Certificate of origin
The EU has trading agreements with a list of countries, so by applying a certificate of origin when exporting from Europe, no tariff have to be paid.
- If the value of the shipment is less than 6000 EUR, a certificate of origin can be applied without getting approval from the authorities.
- In case you need a Certificate of Origin or a Long Term Supplier Declaration of Origin to accompany your order / frame agreement just remember to specify this when you order from PR electronics.
PR electronics has its own Export License for shipments above 6000 EUR (provided by the Danish export authorities).
A special A.TR. certificate and licensed stamp is also granted for Turkey shipments to reduce delivery time by at least 3 days.
AEO / C-TPAT
PR electronics A/S are not AEO or C-TPAT certified, but take following actions toward safety:
- We have partnered up with Link Logistics, an AEO approved logistic company with a global transportation network across the world’s leading logistics companies.
- We have strict access control procedures in place to control the movement of employees, contractors, vendors and visitors into and out of the facility.
- We keep records that identify employees accessing our buildings (access card).
- Visitors are provided with badges and are escorted around while they are inside the facility.
- We have verifiable procedures in place to challenge unauthorized and/or unidentified personnel.
- Procedures are in place to screen employees and perform background checks as allowed by local law.
- Application information, such as employment history and references are verified prior to employment.
- We have written and verifiable procedures for shipping, receiving and discrepancy management.
- Our shipping and receiving area are split in different buildings.
Most PR electronics A/S products do NOT contain any batteries, except the below listed items:
In this product a lithium-metal button cell battery is contained in the product
DEMO suitcase (for internal use)
In this suitcase a lithium-ion battery is packed with the products.
When the above products are shipped from PR electronics A/S the package is marked according to IATA Section II dangerous goods regulation (as applicable):
“Lithium Metal batteries in compliance with Section II of PI970”
“Lithium Ion batteries in compliance with Section II of PI966”.
In case PR electronics’s customer for any reason repack our shipment, it is the responsibility of the customer to ensure correct packaging and marking of the package according to applicable dangerous goods regulations.
Technical Passport to Russia
When selling/exporting to Russia special requirements exist depending on the type of equipment.
PR electronics may for some products (with Russian approvals) be able to offer support with the preparation of a technical passport.
Remember to ask your local PR sales representative if this is possible as part of the ordering process.
CCC certification – China
- China Compulsory Certification (CCC) is similar to other certifications for product quality standardization–such as the European CE system–but there are important differences.
- The CCC certificate was introduced in 2002 and applies to imported goods as well as to Chinese products.
- Products which require certification may only be imported, sold and/or used in business activities in China, after a China Compulsory Certification has been obtained.
- Not all products require a CCC certification.
- Most of PR electronics A/S products are not listed on the mandatory product list / table and does therefore NOT require a CCC certification.
- By October 2020 our Ex products will need a China CCC certification. We are in progress of preparing a setup for this and it is expected to be ready by October 2020. Once the certifications are ready they will be made available on our website.