Key milestones in the PR electronics company history.
- Launch of the 3186B Output loop-powered current isolator. This means that the company can now offer a full program of isolation amplifiers in the 3100 series.
- Launch of the 7501 Field mounted HART temperature transmitter in stainless steel
- The first employee that was hired by Peter Rasmussen, Kaj Harbo, could celebrate his 40th work anniversary and received in this connection the Royal Medal for Meritorious Work.
- Launch of the PR 7501 Field mounted HART temperature transmitter. It allows fast diagnostics with its large display and can easily be configured in the field.
- PR electronics celebrates its 40th anniversary of making signal conditioning smarter and simpler.
- Sales subsidiary in Belgium established.
- Launch of the PR 3000 series of high performance temperature transmitters. The 3000 series – thus offering both temperature transmitters and signal devices - provides high accuracy, fast response time AND low temperature drift.
- Launch of the first 6 mm temperature transmitter with HART 7. The 3113 and 3337 temperature transmitters with HART 7 give future temperature applications more design and system flexibility in programming, monitoring and maintenance for both analog and digital signal outputs.
- Training of highly educated ATEX specialists in the countries where PR is represented becomes part of PR’s internal training and education program.
- Introduction of the PR 4511 communication enabler – a new, detachable interface which enables digital communication on all current and future PR system 4000 and 9000 devices.
- Introduction of the PR backplane – an addition to PR electronics' I.S. interface range. It greatly simplifies installation and wiring in larger industrial process installations.
- Launch of the PPS app – the app enables remote unit monitoring, calibration and programming of PR electronics signal conditioning devices mounted with the PR 4511 communication enabler.
- Re-organization and streamlining of the global sales organization for increased customer focus.
- Introduction of new corporate identity and design.
- Preparation for growth - reorganization of the sales organization and launch of the ambitious 50-20-15 plan for growth.
- Launch of the first head mounted 2-wire temperature transmitters with HART® 7 protocol.
- Establishment of sales subsidiary in China.
- Inauguration of state-of-the-art training facilities and auditorium at the headquarters in Rønde, Denmark, thereby doubling the facilities.
- The 3000 series devices set a new industry standard by offering outstanding flexibility with its only 6 mm wide housing.
- Mr. Kim Rasmussen succeeds his father Mr. Peter Rasmussen as Managing Director.
- Launch of the innovative fully assessed SIL 2 I.S. interface range, the PR 9000 series. The series is the first range of devices on power rail installation.
- The company is IEC 61508 certified by EXIDA, Functional Safety. Exida follows a rigorous process that verifies the safety integrity level (SIL) of a product’s hardware and software design, as well as its manufacturing and quality control procedures.
- IECEx certified.
- ISO14001 certified.
- First SIL-certified products - certifications are approved by EXIDA.
- Introduction of the 4100 series. The series offers an innovative new design - a unique detachable display that can be mounted on the front of the device. The Intuitive communication interface enables seamless future-proofing and accommodates cost conscious site-standard deployment.
- Introduction of the world’s first universal bus temperature transmitter designed for the two most-used bus protocols PROFIBUS PA and FOUNDATION Fieldbus. The unique and patented AUTOSWITCH function enables the switch between the two protocols.
- PR electronics is now represented in Europe, America, Africa, the Middle East, Asia and Australia.
- ISO 9001:2000 certification.
- Sales subsidiaries in USA and Spain are established.
- The STREAM SHIELD technology is patented. The technology ensures the highest degree of reliability even under extreme conditions. This technology is used in the 5104, 5105, 5106, and 5107 devices.
- Sales subsidiary in Germany established.
- Sales subsidiary in Italy established.
- PR electronics is ATEX approved by DEMKO,
- Launch of one of the world's first HART 5 temperature transmitter in the DIN-B format - PR 5335.
- Sales subsidiaries established in Sweden and UK.
- First sales subsidiary established in France.
- First programmable and universal head-mounted temperature transmitter (PR-5331) released to the market, setting new global standards.
- PR electronics is ISO 9001 certified.
- Pioneering performance in EMC - PR electronics develops, through a high degree of innovation, a complete new range of devices with unmatched EMC performance.
- Introducing SMD technology in the production.
- First PC-programmable and universal DIN-Rail transmitter is released to the market, pushing the market standard to new limits, thereby starting the digital era at PR electronics.
- EMC laboratory inaugurated.
- Second export contract established with Finnish company SKS. SKS is a PR electronics partner and business unit still today.
- First export contract established in Sweden.
- Mr. Peter Rasmussen founds PR electronics in his private home in Malling, Denmark.
Examples of ground-breaking products launched by PR electronics
- 2014: World’s first 6 mm device with HART® 7 protocol.
- 2013: The 4511 communication enabler – with the PPS app – a detachable interface which enables digital communication on all current and future PR system 4000/9000 devices.
- 2013: The PR backplane - simplifies installation and wiring in larger industrial process installations.
- 2012: Launch of the groundbreaking HART transmitter - one of the first head mounted 2-wire temperature transmitters with HART® 7 protocol.
- 2010: The 3000 series devices set a new industry standard by offering outstanding flexibility with its only 6 mm wide housing.
- 2009: Introduction of the 9000 series. A complete series of devices approved for SIL 2 applications. The series is the first range of devices on power rail installation.
- 2005: Introduction of the 4100 series. The series offers an innovative new design - a unique detachable display that can be mounted on the front of the device. The Intuitive communication interface enables seamless future-proofing and accommodates cost conscious site-standard deployment.