Loop-powered LCD indicator
- 4 digit 1/8 DIN (48 x 96 mm) loop-powered LCD display
- Easy push-button configuration
- Backlit LCD display is readable in low light conditions
- Display can be mounted in the safe area or in I.S. / Ex zone 2
- The 5531 indicator is powered by the 4 to 20 mA current loop and is easily scaled to display the correct process value.
- Because it does not require separate power wiring, the 5531 is perfect for remote display of process loops.
- The 5531A display can be panel mounted in the safe area or I.S. / Ex Zone 2 (gas).
- With a full measurement range of 3.6 to 23 mA, the 5531 is NAMUR NE43 compliant.
- The display can be push-button scaled to any range between -9999 to 9999, and reverse display action is possible.
- The LCD backlight can be set to half or full intensity for easy viewing in low light conditions.
- The display only requires 1.5 VDC, (75 Ω loop load), with the backlight turned off.
- The input is HART transparent.
- The front push-buttons can be disabled to prevent unauthorized adjustment.
Mounting / installation
- Once panel mounted with the included gasket, the 5531 provides IP65 ingress protection.
- Not suitable for new installations requiring certification to the latest ATEX standards - see ATEX certificate KEMA 05ATEX1044X and Declaration of conformity for details.
|Operating temperature||-20°C to +60°C|
|Storage temperature||-20°C to +60°C|
|Relative humidity||< 95% RH (non-cond.)|
|Protection degree||IP65, from front|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||48 x 96 x 120 mm|
|Cut out dimensions||44.5 x 91.5 mm|
|Weight approx.||200 g|
|Wire size, connector terminal 1 - 4||0.13...2.08 mm2 / AWG 26...14 stranded wire|
|Screw terminal torque||0.5 Nm|
|Cable glands and cable diameter||M16 x 1.5 / Ø 5...8 mm|
|Supply voltage||Input loop-powered|
|Response time (0...90%, 100...10%)||< 1 s|
|Signal / noise ratio||> 60 dB|
|Updating time||500 ms|
|EMC immunity influence||< ±0.5% of span|
|Loop error detection, 4...20 mA: Low||~ < 3 mA|
|Loop error detection, 4...20 mA: High||~ > 24 mA|
|Input range||4...20 mA|
|Measurement range||3.6...23 mA|
|Input voltage drop, without backlight||< 1.5 V @ 20 mA|
|Input voltage drop, with half backlight||< 6.5 V @ 20 mA|
|Input voltage drop, with full backlight||< 10.5 V @ 20 mA|
Observed authority requirements
|Display readout||± 9999 (4 digits)|
|Digit height||16 mm|
|ATEX||KEMA 05ATEX1044 X (5531A/B1)|
Need support to select the right product for your application?
Our sales engineers are ready to help specify the right device to meet your needs.
Reach out by phone to get in touch with us straight away – or use the contact form or quick quote function to send your RFQ directly from the website. You’ll get a response within 24 hours on normal business days.
You can expect to get a confirmed delivery date via email within 2 days after we have received your order.
As soon as your package leaves our warehouse, you’ll receive tracking details via email. And if you have any questions along the way we’re just a phone call or email away.
Our 8,500 sqm integrated and automated manufacturing campus in Denmark covers the entire value-chain from design and development to manufacturing. It allows us to design and optimize for testing and manufacturing thereby constantly driving quality up and costs down.
Dedicated Presale / Aftersales