Compact RTD temperature transmitter
- RTD or Ohm input
- Accuracy: Better than 0.1% of selected range
- 2- / 3-wire RTD connection
- Programmable sensor error value
- Output 4...20 mA, with or without M12 connector
- Linearized temperature measurement with Pt100...Pt1000, or Ni100...Ni1000 sensor.
- Conversion of linear resistance variation to a standard analog current signal.
- Within a few seconds the user can program PR5802 to measure temperatures within all RTD ranges defined by the norms.
- The RTD and resistance inputs have cable compensation for 3-wire connection.
Mounting / installation
- For tube mounting, e.g. M18 barrel housing or customer specific housing.
- The unit is tested with an M12 connector, mounted in a steel housing and molded with Silgel 612 silicone molding compound. This is PR electronics' recommended method to comply with specifications and EMC data.
|Operating temperature||-40°C to +85°C|
|Storage temperature||-40°C to +85°C|
|Relative humidity||< 95% RH (non-cond.)|
|Dimensions, PCB only (WxHxD)||5.0 x 15.50 x 38.0 mm|
|Dimensions (incl. M12 connector)||9.5 x 15.50 x 47.70 mm|
2.65 g 5802A1xx
4.05 g 5802A2xx
|Supply voltage||8.0...35 VDC|
|Internal power dissipation||25 mW…0.8 W|
|Response time (programmable)||0.33...60 s|
|Voltage drop||8.0 VDC|
|Warm-up time||5 min.|
|Signal / noise ratio||Min. 60 dB|
|Signal dynamics, input||19 bit|
|Signal dynamics, output||16 bit|
|Effect of supply voltage change||< 0.005% of span / VDC|
|Accuracy||Better than 0.1% of sel. range|
|EMC immunity influence||< ±0.5% of span|
|RTD type||Pt100, Ni100, lin. R|
|Cable resistance per wire||10 Ω (max.)|
|Sensor current||> 0.2 mA, < 0.4 mA|
|Effect of sensor cable resistance (3-wire)||< 0.002 Ω / Ω|
|Sensor error detection||Yes|
Common input specifications
|Max. offset||50% of selected max. value|
Common output specifications
|Updating time||135 ms|
|Signal range||4…20 mA|
|Min. signal range||16 mA|
|Load (@ current output)||≤ (Vsupply - 8) / 0.023 [Ω]|
|Load stability||≤ 0.01% of span / 100 Ω|
|Sensor error indication||Programmable 3.5…23 mA|
|NAMUR NE43 Upscale/Downscale||23 mA / 3.5 mA|
|of span||= of the presently selected range|
Observed authority requirements
Need support to select the right product for your application?
Our sales engineers are ready to help specify the right device to meet your needs.
Reach out by phone to get in touch with us straight away – or use the contact form or quick quote function to send your RFQ directly from the website. You’ll get a response within 24 hours on normal business days.
You can expect to get a confirmed delivery date via email within 2 days after we have received your order.
As soon as your package leaves our warehouse, you’ll receive tracking details via email. And if you have any questions along the way we’re just a phone call or email away.
Our 8,500 sqm integrated and automated manufacturing campus in Denmark covers the entire value-chain from design and development to manufacturing. It allows us to design and optimize for testing and manufacturing thereby constantly driving quality up and costs down.
Dedicated Presale / Aftersales