2-wire programmable transmitter
- Input for RTD, TC, mV, linear resistance, mA, and V
- 3.75 kVAC galvanic isolation
- 4...20 mA loop output
- 1- and 2-channel versions
- ATEX Ex / I.S. version
- DIN rail mounting
- The 5131 transmitter can be configured with a standard PC and the Loop Link communications unit.
- Independent channel jumper selectable inputs for current/voltage or temperature.
- Current input programmable in range the 0...100 mA and voltage inputs in the range 0...250 VDC.
- Linearized, electronic temperature measurement with RTD or TC sensor.
- Conversion of linear resistance variation to a standard analog current / voltage signal, for example from solenoids and butterfly valves or linear movements with attached potentiometer.
- 4- or 3-wire connection with automatic cable compensation or 2-wire connection with programmable cable compensation.
- Configurable sensor error detection including NAMUR NE43.
- The 2-channel version has full galvanic isolation between the channels.
- Separation of circuits in PELV/SELV installations.
- I.S. barrier for temperature sensors, potentiometers and current / voltage signals.
- Not suitable for new installations requiring certification to the latest ATEX standards - see ATEX certificate DEMKO 99ATEX124572 and EU Declaration of Conformity for details.
|Operating temperature||-20°C to +60°C|
|Relative humidity||< 95% RH (non-cond.)|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||109 x 23.5 x 130 mm|
|Weight approx.||195 g|
|DIN rail type||DIN EN 60715/35 mm|
|Wire size||0.13...2.08 mm2 AWG 26...14 stranded wire|
|Screw terminal torque||0.5 Nm|
|Supply voltage||7.5...35 VDC|
|Fuse||50 mA SB / 250 VAC|
|Isolation voltage, test / working||3.75 kVAC / 250 VAC|
|Temperature input, programmable (0...90%, 100...10%)||400 ms...60 s|
|mA / V input (programmable)||250 ms...60 s|
|Signal / noise ratio||Min. 60 dB (0...100 kHz)|
115 ms (temperature input)
75 ms (mA / V / mV input)
|Signal dynamics, input||22 bit|
|Signal dynamics, output||16 bit|
|Effect of supply voltage change||< 0.005% of span / VDC|
|EMC immunity influence||< ±0.5% of span|
|Extended EMC immunity: NAMUR NE21, A criterion, burst||< ±1% of span|
Common input specifications
|Max. offset||50% of selected max. value|
|RTD type||Pt100, Ni100, lin. R|
|Cable resistance per wire||10 Ω (max.)|
|Sensor current||Nom. 0.2 mA|
|Effect of sensor cable resistance (3-/4-wire)||< 0.002 Ω / Ω|
|Sensor error detection||Yes|
|Thermocouple type||B, E, J, K, L, N, R, S, T, U, W3, W5, LR|
|Cold junction compensation (CJC)||< ±1.0°C|
|Sensor error current||Nom. 30 μA|
|Sensor error detection||Yes|
|Measurement range||0...100 mA|
|Min. measurement range (span)||4 mA|
|Input resistance: Supplied unit||Nom. 10 Ω + PTC 10 Ω|
|Input resistance: Non-supplied unit||RSHUNT = ∞, VDROP < 6 V|
|Measurement range||-150...+150 mV|
|Measurement range||0...250 VDC|
|Min. measurement range (span)||5 mV|
Nom. 10 MΩ (≤ 2.5 VDC)
Nom. 5 MΩ (> 2.5 VDC)
Nom. 10 MΩ (mV input)
|Signal range||4…20 mA|
|Min. signal range||10 mA|
|Load (@ current output)||≤ (Vsupply -7.5)/0.023 [Ω]|
|Load stability||≤ 0.01% of span / 100 Ω|
|Current limit||≤ 28 mA|
|Sensor error indication||Programmable 3.5…23 mA|
|NAMUR NE43 Upscale/Downscale||23 mA / 3.5 mA|
|of span||= of the presently selected range|
Observed authority requirements
|EAC Ex||TR-CU 012/2011|
|ATEX||DEMKO 99ATEX124572, II (1) GD [EEx ia] IIC|
|EAC Ex||RU C-DK.HA65.B.00355/19|
Need support to select the right product for your application?
Our sales engineers are ready to help specify the right device to meet your needs.
Reach out by phone to get in touch with us straight away – or use the contact form or quick quote function to send your RFQ directly from the website. You’ll get a response within 24 hours on normal business days.
You can expect to get a confirmed delivery date via email within 2 days after we have received your order.
As soon as your package leaves our warehouse, you’ll receive tracking details via email. And if you have any questions along the way we’re just a phone call or email away.
Our 8,500 sqm integrated and automated manufacturing campus in Denmark covers the entire value-chain from design and development to manufacturing. It allows us to design and optimize for testing and manufacturing thereby constantly driving quality up and costs down.
Dedicated Presale / Aftersales