Repeater / power supply
- 1- or 2-channel version
- 3- / 5-port 3.75 kVAC galvanic isolation
- Loop supply > 17.1 V
- 20 programmable measurement ranges
- Universal supply by AC or DC
- Power supply and signal isolator for 2-wire transmitters.
- Signal isolator for analog current / voltage signals.
- 1 : 1 or signal conversion of analog current / voltage signals.
- The 20 factory-calibrated measurement ranges in the 5104A can be selected by the internal DIP-switches without the need for recalibration. Special measurement ranges can be delivered.
- PR5104A is based on microprocessor technology for gain and offset. The analog signal is transmitted at a response time of less than 25 ms.
- Inputs, outputs, and supply are floating and galvanically separated.
- The output can be connected either as an active current / voltage transmitter or as a 2-wire transmitter.
Mounting / installation
- Mounted vertically or horizontally on a DIN rail. By way of the 2-channel version up to 84 channels per meter can be mounted.
Approvals & Certificates
|Operating temperature||-20°C to +60°C|
|Relative humidity||< 95% RH (non-cond.)|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||109 x 23.5 x 130 mm|
|Weight approx.||225 g|
|DIN rail type||DIN 46277|
|Wire size||1 x 2.5 mm2 stranded wire|
|Screw terminal torque||0.5 Nm|
|Supply voltage, universal||21.6...253 VAC, 50...60 Hz or 19.2...300 VDC|
|Fuse||400 mA SB / 250 VAC|
|Max. required power||≤ 3 W (2 channels)|
|Internal power dissipation||≤ 2 W (2 channels)|
|Isolation voltage, test / working||3.75 kVAC / 250 VAC|
|Response time (0...90%, 100...10%)||< 25 ms|
|2-wire supply (pin 44...42 and 54...52)||28...17.1 VDC / 0...20 mA|
|Signal / noise ratio||Min. 60 dB (0...100 kHz)|
|EMC immunity influence||< ±0.5% of span|
|Extended EMC immunity: NAMUR NE21, A criterion, burst||< ±1% of span|
Common input specifications
|Max. offset||20% of max. value|
|Measurement range||0...20 mA|
|Min. measurement range (span)||16 mA|
|Input resistance||Nom. 10 Ω + PTC 10 Ω|
|Measurement range||0...10 VDC|
|Min. measurement range (span)||8 VDC|
|Input resistance||> 2 MΩ|
|Signal range||0...20 mA|
|Min. signal range||16 mA|
|Load (@ current output)||≤ 600 Ω|
|Load stability||≤ 0.01% of span / 100 Ω|
|Current limit||≤ 28 mA|
Passive 2-wire mA output
|Max. external 2-wire supply||29 VDC|
|Effect of external 2-wire supply voltage variation||< 0.005% of span / V|
|Signal range||0...1 VDC / 0...10 VDC|
|Min. signal range||0.8 VDC / 8 VDC|
|Load (@ voltage output)||≥ 500 kΩ|
|of span||= of the presently selected range|
Observed authority requirements
|UL||UL 508 / C22.2 no. 14|
Need support to select the right product for your application?
Our sales engineers are ready to help specify the right device to meet your needs.
Reach out by phone to get in touch with us straight away – or use the contact form or quick quote function to send your RFQ directly from the website. You’ll get a response within 24 hours on normal business days.
You can expect to get a confirmed delivery date via email within 2 days after we have received your order.
As soon as your package leaves our warehouse, you’ll receive tracking details via email. And if you have any questions along the way we’re just a phone call or email away.
Our 8,500 sqm integrated and automated manufacturing campus in Denmark covers the entire value-chain from design and development to manufacturing. It allows us to design and optimize for testing and manufacturing thereby constantly driving quality up and costs down.
Dedicated Presale / Aftersales