HART transparent repeater
- 3- / 5-port 3.75 kVAC galvanic isolation
- Low response time
- 2-wire supply > 17 V in Ex / I.S. area
- 1- or 2-channel version
- Universal supply by AC or DC
- Power supply and Ex / I.S. safety barrier with 2-way HART communication for 2-wire transmitters installed in the hazardous area.
- Ex / I.S. safety barrier with 2-way HART communication for supplied current transmitters installed in the hazardous area.
- Signal isolator with low response time on analog current signals from the hazardous area.
- PR5106B primarily processes current signals of 4...20 mA.
- PR5106B is based on microprocessor technology for gain and offset. The analog signal is transmitted at a response time of less than 25 ms.
- Inputs, outputs, and supply are floating and galvanically separated.
- The output can be connected either as an active current transmitter or as a 2-wire transmitter.
Mounting / installation
- Mounted vertically or horizontally on a DIN rail. As the devices can be mounted without distance between neighboring units, up to 84 channels can be mounted per meter.
- PR5106B is recommended as Ex / I.S. safety barrier for 5335D and 6335D.
EAC Ex certificate
Metrology Pattern Approval (MPA)
|Operating temperature||-20°C to +60°C|
|Relative humidity||< 95% RH (non-cond.)|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||109 x 23.5 x 130 mm|
|Weight approx.||245 g|
|DIN rail type||DIN 46277|
|Wire size||1 x 2.5 mm2 stranded wire|
|Screw terminal torque||0.5 Nm|
|Supply voltage, universal||21.6...253 VAC, 50...60 Hz or 19.2...300 VDC|
|Fuse||400 mA SB / 250 VAC|
|Max. required power||≤ 3 W (2 channels)|
|Internal power dissipation||≤ 2 W (2 channels)|
|Isolation voltage, test / working||3.75 kVAC / 250 VAC|
|Response time (0...90%, 100...10%)||< 25 ms|
|2-wire supply (pin 44...42 and 54...52)||25...17 VDC / 0...20 mA|
|Signal / noise ratio||Min. 60 dB (0...100 kHz)|
|Accuracy||Better than 0.1% of sel. range|
|Effect of supply voltage change||< ±10 μA|
|EMC immunity influence||< ±0.5% of span|
|Extended EMC immunity: NAMUR NE21, A criterion, burst||< ±1% of span|
|Measurement range||4...20 mA|
|Min. measurement range (span)||16 mA|
|Input resistance: Supplied unit||Nom. 10 Ω|
|Input resistance: Non-supplied unit||Rshunt = ∞, Vdrop < 4 V|
|Signal range||4…20 mA|
|Min. signal range||16 mA|
|Load (@ current output)||≤ 600 Ω|
|Load stability||≤ 0.01% of span / 100 Ω|
|Current limit||≤ 28 mA|
Passive 2-wire mA output
|Signal range||4...20 mA|
|Max. external 2-wire supply||29 VDC|
|Effect of external 2-wire supply voltage variation||< 0.005% of span / V|
|Output ripple||< 3 mVRMS on HART communication|
|of span||= of the presently selected range|
Observed authority requirements
|ATEX||DEMKO 00ATEX127483, II (1) G [EEx ia] IIC|
|UL||UL 913, UL 508|
|EAC Ex||RU C-DK.HA65.B.00355/19|