Ex signal calculator
- Redundancy measurement with 2 input signals
- Signal calculator with the four arithmetical operations
- Duplication of the input signal
- Input for RTD, Ohm, TC, mV, mA, and V
- Universal supply by AC or DC
- Redundancy measurement of temperature by means of two sensors, where the secondary sensor takes over the measurement when a sensor error occurs on the primary sensor.
- Duplication of the input signal, e.g. from a temperature sensor or an analog process signal to two separate analog outputs.
- Signal calculator with four arithmetical operations: Addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Example: Differential measurement:
(Input 1 * K1) - (Input 2 * K2) + K4
- Example: Average measurement:
(Input 1 * 0.5) + (Input 2 * 0.5) + K4
- Example: Different functions on the outputs:
Output 1 = input 1 - input 2, and Output 2 = input 1 + input 2
- I.S. safety barrier and power supply for 2-wire transmitters.
- Within a few seconds the user can program PR5115B to a selected application using the configuration program PReset.
- A green front LED indicates normal operation, sensor error on each sensor, and functional error.
- 5-port 3.75 kVAC galvanic isolation.
Mounting / installation
- Mounted vertically or horizontally on a DIN rail. As the devices can be mounted without any distance between neighboring units, up to 42 devices can be mounted per meter.
- Not suitable for new installations requiring certification to the latest ATEX standards - see ATEX certificate DEMKO 00ATEX128567 and EU Declaration of Conformity for details.
|Operating temperature||-20°C to +60°C|
|Relative humidity||< 95% RH (non-cond.)|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||109 x 23.5 x 130 mm|
|Weight approx.||225 g|
|DIN rail type||DIN EN 60715/35 mm|
|Wire size||0.13...2.08 mm2 AWG 26...14 stranded wire|
|Screw terminal torque||0.5 Nm|
|2...13.2 Hz||±1 mm|
|13.2...100 Hz||±0.7 g|
|Supply voltage, universal||21.6...253 VAC, 50...60 Hz or 19.2...300 VDC|
|Fuse||400 mA SB / 250 VAC|
|Max. required power||2.1 W / 2.8 W (1 / 2 ch.)|
|Max. power dissipation||2.0 W|
|Isolation voltage, test / working||3.75 kVAC / 250 VAC|
|Temperature input, programmable (0...90%, 100...10%)||400 ms...60 s|
|mA / V input (programmable)||250 ms...60 s|
|Signal / noise ratio||Min. 60 dB (0...100 kHz)|
|Accuracy||Better than 0.05% of selected range|
115 ms (temperature input)
75 ms (mA / V / mV input)
|Redundancy switch-over time||≤ 400 ms|
|Signal dynamics, input||22 bit|
|Signal dynamics, output||16 bit|
|Auxiliary voltages: Reference voltage||2.5 VDC ±0.5% / 15 mA|
|EMC immunity influence||< ±0.5% of span|
|Extended EMC immunity: NAMUR NE21, A criterion, burst||< ±1% of span|
Common input specifications
|Max. offset||50% of selected max. value|
|RTD type||Pt46, Pt100, Ni100, Cu53, lin. R|
|Cable resistance per wire||10 Ω (max.)|
|Sensor current||Nom. 0.2 mA|
|Effect of sensor cable resistance (3-/4-wire)||< 0.002 Ω / Ω|
|Sensor error detection||Yes|
|Thermocouple type||B, E, J, K, L, N, R, S, T, U, W3, W5, LR|
|Cold junction compensation (CJC)||< ±1.0°C|
|Sensor error current||Nom. 30 μA|
|Measurement range||0...100 mA|
|Min. measurement range (span)||4 mA|
|Input resistance: Supplied unit||Nom. 10 Ω + PTC 10 Ω|
|Input resistance: Non-supplied unit||RSHUNT = ∞, VDROP < 6 V|
|Measurement range||0...250 VDC|
|Min. measurement range (span)||5 mV|
Nom. 10 MΩ (≤ 2.5 VDC)
Nom. 5 MΩ (> 2.5 VDC)
Nom. 10 MΩ (mV input)
|Measurement range||-150...+150 mV|
|Signal range||0...20 mA|
|Min. signal range||10 mA|
|Load (@ current output)||≤ 600 Ω|
|Load stability||≤ 0.01% of span / 100 Ω|
|Current limit||≤ 28 mA|
|Sensor error indication||Programmable 0...23 mA|
|NAMUR NE43 Upscale/Downscale||23 mA / 3.5 mA|
|Signal range||0...10 VDC|
|Min. signal range||500 mV|
|Load (@ voltage output)||≥ 500 kΩ|
Passive 2-wire mA output
|Signal range||4...20 mA|
|Load stability||≤ 0.01% of span / 100 Ω|
|Effect of external 2-wire supply voltage variation||< 0.005% of span / V|
|Max. external 2-wire supply||29 VDC|
|of span||= of the presently selected range|
Observed authority requirements
|EAC Ex||TR-CU 012/2011|
|ATEX||DEMKO 00ATEX128567, II (1) GD [EEx ia] IIC|
|EAC Ex||RU C-DK.HA65.B.00355/19|
Need support to select the right product for your application?
Our sales engineers are ready to help specify the right device to meet your needs.
Reach out by phone to get in touch with us straight away – or use the contact form or quick quote function to send your RFQ directly from the website. You’ll get a response within 24 hours on normal business days.
You can expect to get a confirmed delivery date via email within 2 days after we have received your order.
As soon as your package leaves our warehouse, you’ll receive tracking details via email. And if you have any questions along the way we’re just a phone call or email away.
Our 8,500 sqm integrated and automated manufacturing campus in Denmark covers the entire value-chain from design and development to manufacturing. It allows us to design and optimize for testing and manufacturing thereby constantly driving quality up and costs down.
Dedicated Presale / Aftersales