Programmable f/I-f/f converter
- Pulse calculator / frequency generator
- Galvanic isolation
- ATEX I.S. version
- Analog current and voltage output
- PNP / NPN output, optional relays
- Universal supply
- The 5223 transmitter can be configured with a standard PC and the Loop Link communications unit, or delivered fully configured.
- The f/I function performs frequency to current and voltage conversion.
- The f/f function can be used for pulse division or multiplication and as a buffer collecting fast pulse trains.
- A scale factor may be entered in all functions. Using both digital inputs, pulse addition or subtraction are possible.
- The frequency generator function is used as e.g. a time base or clock generator.
- Input and supply polarity reversal protection.
- Current and voltage output signals galvanically separated from the supply and the inputs.
- Programmable digital outputs including NPN, PNP or relay options.
- ATEX units have input for mechanical contact and NAMUR inductive proximity sensor.
- 5 front LEDs, indicating f1 and f2 active inputs (not NPN), Dig.out.1 and 2 active outputs, and a programmable error signal.
- Analog current output can be configured to any current within 0...20 mA range.
- Voltage output range is selectable between 0...10 VDC and 0...1 VDC by use of internal jumpers.
- Input range:
Frequency: 0...20,000 Hz
Sensor types: NAMUR, contact
- Output range:
Current and voltage output: 0...20 mA / 0...10 V
Relay outputs: 0...20 Hz
NPN and PNP output as f/f: 0...1000 Hz
NPN and PNP output as generator: 0...20,000 Hz
|Operating temperature||-20°C to +60°C|
|Relative humidity||< 95% RH (non-cond.)|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||109 x 23.5 x 130 mm|
|Weight approx.||240 g|
|DIN rail type||DIN 46277|
|Wire size||1 x 2.5 mm2 stranded wire|
|Screw terminal torque||0.5 Nm|
|Supply voltage, universal||21.6...253 VAC, 50...60 Hz or 19.2...300 VDC|
|Fuse||400 mA SB / 250 VAC|
|Max. required power||3.5 W|
|Internal power dissipation||3 W|
|Isolation voltage, test / working||3.75 kVAC / 250 VAC|
|Power-up delay||0...999 s|
|Warm-up time||1 min.|
|Signal / noise ratio||Min. 60 dB|
|Response time, analog||< 60 ms + period|
|Response time, digital output||< 50 ms + period|
|Effect of supply voltage change||< 0.005% of span / VDC|
|Temperature coefficient||< ±0.01% of span / °C|
|Linearity error||< 0.1% of span|
|NAMUR supply I.S. / Ex||8.9 VDC ±0.5 VDC / 8 mA|
|EMC immunity influence||< ±0.5%|
Common input specifications
|Max. offset||90% of selected max. frequency|
|Measurement range||0...20 kHz|
|Min. measurement range||0.001 Hz|
|Min. pulse length||25 μs|
|Input types||NAMUR acc. to DIN 19234|
Common output specifications
|Updating time||20 ms|
|Signal range||0...20 mA|
|Min. signal range||5 mA|
|Load (@ current output)||≤ 600 Ω|
|Load stability||≤ 0.01% of span / 100 Ω|
|Current limit||< 23 mA|
|Signal range||0...10 VDC|
|Min. signal range||250 mV|
|Load (@ voltage output)||≥ 500 kΩ|
|Max. switching frequency||20 Hz|
|Max. voltage||250 VRMS|
|Max. current||2 AAC|
|Max. AC power||100 VA (I.S. version 5223B)|
|Max. load at 24 VDC||1 A|
|Other output types||
Active outputs (NPN / PNP)
f/f converter output
|of span||= of the presently selected range|
Observed authority requirements
|EAC Ex||RU C-DK.GB08.V.00410|
Need support to select the right product for your application?
Our sales engineers are ready to help specify the right device to meet your needs.
Reach out by phone to get in touch with us straight away – or use the contact form or quick quote function to send your RFQ directly from the website. You’ll get a response within 24 hours on normal business days.
You can expect to get a confirmed delivery date via email within 2 days after we have received your order.
As soon as your package leaves our warehouse, you’ll receive tracking details via email. And if you have any questions along the way we’re just a phone call or email away.
Our 8,500 sqm integrated and automated manufacturing campus in Denmark covers the entire value-chain from design and development to manufacturing. It allows us to design and optimize for testing and manufacturing thereby constantly driving quality up and costs down.
Dedicated Presale / Aftersales